We offer a range of practical, easy to use resources that are appropriate for small charities. All of them aim to support smaller groups and organisations to manage their finances. If the support you are looking for isn’t available here, please Request Help via the Request Help Page and someone will come back to you as soon as they are able to.
Budgets, Management Accounts and Cash Flow Forecasting
This is a comprehensive set of templates that will help small charities to track their spending and income, plan for specific projects over the year and prepare management accounts. A good starting place for any small charity.
- CFG Budget Outline/Checklist
- CAplus cash flow template
A useful cash flow template for a small charity so that you can see what cash your charity needs on hand throughout the year, and plot the timing of incoming grants, fundraising and contracts. Also, enables you to break down in detail your charity’s spending.
A useful cash flow template that enables you to plan your projects income and expenditure
This is a very simple budget template, useful for very small charities to plan income and spending for the year ahead.
How to Preparing your Annual Reports
- CFG Useful Tips When Reporting
Having accurate information is important, but presentation is key. If trustees and staff aren’t using reports or understand them, then they aren’t effective. This guide helps you to understand what good trustee reports and management accounts look like so that you can improve your charity’s financial management.
- CFG Principles of Good Impact Reporting
All charities are required to think about their impact now, particularly by funders. This very simple guide, helps you to think about how you can measure your charity’s impact and report on it fairly
- CFG Beyond Reserves
Trustees have a duty to make sure that they are managing risk effectively, having reserves so that you can meet any risks and opportunities is important. This report helps you to think about what reserves you need, how to get the most of them and how to report on them.
- CFG: Financial Disclosure Reporting Checklist (SORP)
All charities with an income over £250,000 a year and all charities which are registered companies need to report using the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP). Charities can use this checklist to make sure that their annual report and accounts meet the required legal standards
- CFG: What report do I need to do Check List
This check list provides quick reference for you to know what reporting you need to do.
- Example of an animated annual report
Legal & Financial Responsibilities of Employing Staff
- CFG and Russell Cooke Introduction to the Equality Act 2010
- CFG Guide to pensions auto-enrolment for small charities
- WYCAS Salary Cost Budget Template Hourly Rate
- WYCAS Salary Cost Budget Template (annual)
- CFG and VAST Outsourcing Payroll checklist
- Ecclesiastical Insurance: How to Reduce your Charities Public Liability Risk
Bank Accounts, Record Keeping, Risk & Outsourcing
- CFG: Charity Fraud Guide
- CFG Protecting Data, Charity Guide
- WYCAS cashbook and year end template
- CFG Banking for charities BBA
- CFG and VAST Payroll Checklist
Gift Aid & how to claim it
- SOC VAT Consultants Ltd: Charities VAT fact sheet
A simple fact sheet that helps you to understand how VAT works for charities and how you can calculate your VAT liability